HomeSun SolarService Terms and Conditions.
Information and availability
While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content and materials on the Site (Content), to the extent permitted by law (including the Consumer Rights Act 2015), we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or suitability of any of the Content. The Content may be subject to change without notice and we do not undertake to keep the Site up-to-date. The Content is factual information only, is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. We also do not warrant that access to the Site will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses.
Solar Savings Calculator
All results generated using tools made available on our Site (including our Solar Savings Calculator) should be treated as an estimate only. Calculations generated do not constitute an offer from us, a quote or a pre-qualification for any product. All results are subject to the relevant assumptions we have made (based on your home type and number in your household) and the accuracy of publicly-available data we have at that point in time, as well as other variables including your actual energy usage. Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to make our tools as precise as possible based on publicly available data, we make no representation that any information provided is accurate or up-to-date. For a comprehensive evaluation and quotation, you should contact our team at email@example.com.
Intellectual Property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license the Content and all intellectual property rights (including any copyright, registered or unregistered designs, illustrations, artwork, patents or trade mark or logo rights and domain names) displayed or used on the Site (Our Intellectual Property).
We authorise you to access and use the Site solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and to display, print and download the Content onto your personal device provided that you do not remove any copyright notice included in Our Intellectual Property.
You must not use the Site, or any of the Content, for your commercial purposes, including, for example, to advertise your own business or for any other revenue generation activity and you must not use the Site, including the Content, in any way that competes with our business.
Subject to the above, your use of, and access to, the Site and the Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest to Our Intellectual Property. Unless otherwise permitted in these Terms, you must not:
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any of Our Intellectual Property;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, display, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of Our Intellectual Property; or
- breach any intellectual property rights connected with Our Intellectual Property, including altering or modifying any of Our Intellectual Property, causing any of Our Intellectual Property to be framed or embedded in another website or platform, or creating derivative works from Our Intellectual Property.
Nothing in the above clause restricts your ability to publish, post or repost Content or Our Intellectual Property on your social media page or blog, provided that:
- you do not assert that you are the owner of the Content or Our Intellectual Property;
- unless explicitly agreed by us in writing, you do not assert that you are endorsed or approved by us;
- you do not damage or take advantage of our reputation, including in a manner that is illegal, unfair, misleading or deceptive; and
- you comply with all other terms of these Terms.
Conduct we don’t accept
You must not do or attempt to do anything that is unlawful, which is prohibited by applicable law, which we would consider inappropriate or which might bring us or the Site into disrepute. This includes:
- anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy or any other legal rights;
- using the Site to defame, harass, threaten, menace or offend any person;
- using the Site for unlawful purposes;
- interfering with any user of the Site;
- tampering with or modifying the Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with the Site, including using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with the Site;
- using the Site to send unsolicited electronic messages;
- using data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Site; or
- facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts.
Content you upload
We encourage you to interact with us on social media! You may post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content (User Content) to us or on your social media. We may run campaigns via the Site and via social media that encourage you to post User Content on social media using specific hashtags (#) (Tag).
If you make any User Content available on or through the Site, including on social media using a Tag, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through or by means of the Site and our social media platforms.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through the Site, including on social media using a Tag. You represent and warrant that:
- you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content (as contemplated by these Terms); and
- neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Site (including on social media) will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
We do not endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, any User Content. We may, at any time (at our sole discretion), remove any User Content.
The maximum extent permitted by law, you are liable for, and agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless in respect of, any liability that we may suffer, incur or otherwise become liable for, arising from or in connection with any claim by a person that any of your User Content infringes the intellectual property rights of any person.
Third party sites
The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless we tell you otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those websites. We recommend that you make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those websites. If you purchase goods or services from a third party website linked from the Site, such third party provides the goods and services to you, not us.
We may receive a benefit (which may include a referral fee or a commission) should you visit certain third-party websites via a link on the Site (Affiliate Link) or for featuring certain products or services on the Site. We will make it clear by notice to you which (if any) products or services we receive a benefit to feature on the Site, or which (if any) third party links are Affiliate Links.
When our liability is not limited
Nothing in these Terms is intended or operates to limit or exclude our liability in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to do so, including for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence; and
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
When Our liability is limited
Where you purchase products or services from us, different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If you are a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and any defective digital Content that we have supplied to you damages a device or digital content belonging to you, and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage (within a reasonable period of time) or pay you compensation. Our total liability for such damage will be limited to us repairing the damage or pay you the compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that was caused by you failing to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We respect your privacy and understand protecting your personal information is important. Our Privacy Notice (available on the Site) sets out how we will collect and handle your personal data.
What happens if we discontinue the Site
We may, at any time and without notice, discontinue the Site (in whole or in part), or exclude any person from using our Site.
Which laws govern these Terms
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in England and Wales and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waives any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts, except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Changes to these Terms
We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing the varied terms on the Site. We recommend you check the Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current terms.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
HomeSun Holdings Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 15056838.
Last update: 11 December 2023